Are you looking for something new to try for your next date night (or date day)? I’ve got 50 of them for you! Whether you’re looking for something romantic, fun, active, at home, or away, there’s sure to be something here you’d love to do! So keep reading for 50 great date ideas for married couples!
My husband and I don’t take date nights as much as we should, but it’s a goal of ours to go out more WITHOUT the kids. Husbands and wives (and dating couples) NEED time alone together to strengthen their relationship. And what better way to do that than by doing something that you both enjoy doing.
My husband and I usually choose relaxing date night. They might include a massage or a pedicure (After 10 years of marriage, I’ve finally gotten my husband on board with pedicures!) and then dinner out at a nice restaurant. Or, we might stay home and watch a movie or binge-watch a show on Netflix together. As important as it is to take time to relax and relieve some stress, we’re ready to try some new things out for date night! Some of these ideas are ones we’ve tried, and some are new ideas we will be trying soon!
Check them out and schedule any of these date ideas that you know you and your significant would love doing together!
50 Fun & Romantic Date Ideas for Married Couples
Romantic Date Ideas
- Get a couples’ massage.
- Venture out to a fancy restaurant you’ve never been to.
- Eat fondue – either at a restaurant or make your own (My favorite is chocolate fondue with fruit!).
- Go to a local coffee shop and chat or read.
- Have a picnic in the park.
- Go to a drive-in movie.
- Recreate your first date.
- Take dance lessons.
- Casually shop at a farmer’s market.
- Lay down outside and watch the stars.
Fun Date Ideas
- Make and/or paint pottery.
- Go 4-wheeling.
- Explore a section of your city or your state that you’ve never been to.
- Go to a concert.
- Go to a game for your favorite sports team.
- Play mini-golf
- Go bowling.
- Practice shooting at the shooting range.
- Go to a theme park.
- Take a cooking class together.
- Go horseback riding.
- Watch a new movie at the movie theater.
- Do an escape room.
- Go apple picking and make homemade applesauce or apple butter (in the fall).
At Home Date Ideas
- Camp out on the living room floor and watch a movie.
- Play board or card games.
- Enjoy making a new dinner recipe together (without being rushed!).
- Look through wedding photos (or other old photos of the two of you).
- Give each other massages.
- Roast hot dogs & marshmallows outside by a fire.
- Camp outside.
- Do a DIY project together.
- Binge-watch your favorite Netflix show.
- Play the Newlywed Game, 20 Questions, and/or Would You Rather.
Active Date Ideas
- Go hiking.
- Go on a bike ride.
- Walk along the beach or a lake.
- Go geocaching.
- Go to a corn maze (in the fall).
- Participate in an exercise class together.
- Go white water rafting (in the summer).
- Go on a ghost/walking tour.
- Play frisbee golf.
- Go kayaking or canoeing.
- Go skydiving.
- Travel to a fun city you’ve been wanting to go to.
- Stay at a bed and breakfast.
- Go skiing or snowboarding (in the winter).
- Spend the weekend at a beach or lake house.
- Spend the weekend at a cabin in the mountains.
Hopefully this provided you some good ideas when planning your next date. Let me know if you have any other great date ideas for married couples (or dating couples!)! What do you and your husband love to do together (keep it clean! 😉)? Which one of these ideas do you want to try first?